Veritas NetBackup 8.2: Maintenance and Troubleshooting Training Course
The Veritas NetBackup 8.2: Maintenance and Troubleshooting training course is a 4-day instructor-led virtual classroom that covers general error detection tools and troubleshooting methodologies. It enables students to learn how to resolve issues related to the NetBackup database, devices, media, disk, cloud, OST, deduplication, and virtualization. In addition, students study the functions of key NetBackup processes and learn how to enable, view, and manage the associated logs.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the NetBackup interfaces and tools commonly used to gather information about problems.
- Manage debug log settings, including log retention and rollover.
- Prepare and gather debug logs for sending to Veritas Support.
- Troubleshoot ECA and CRL issues.
- Describe the methodology to troubleshoot common installation issues.
- State and resolve common NetBackup Web UI access issues.
- Explain Agentless VM recovery for VMware backups.
- Troubleshoot common issues.
- Describe the methodology to troubleshoot the NetBackup Cloud storage configuration issues.
- Describe the methodology to troubleshoot the OST plugin backup logging.
- Use tools to maintain and troubleshoot NetBackup deduplication.
- Troubleshoot common VMware and Hyper-V backup and recovery issues.
- Describe how NBU integrates with RHV.
- Maintain configuration and troubleshoot Storage Lifecycle Policies and Auto Image Replication.
- Extract relevant data from legacy logs, and use the vxlogview command to format data from raw unified logs.
- Recognize common debug logs messages and search terms related to various failed backup job.
- Work with commands to run, maintain, and troubleshoot the databases.
Who Should Attend
This course is for NetBackup administrators, operators, system engineers, and technical support personnel who want to broaden their NetBackup advanced troubleshooting knowledge and skills on a Windows or UNIX platform.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This course includes practical hands-on lab exercises to apply your new skills in a virtual NetBackup domain. At the start of class students will choose between Windows-based or Linux-based NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Veritas Master Accredited Engineer.