Veritas NetBackup Engineer
NetX Information Systems, Inc Boston, MA Remote
About the job
NetX a Veritas Platinum Partner is looking to expand our engineering staff. The Veritas NetBackup Engineer position is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a growing team supporting mission critical IT infrastructure, to work with best of breed Data Protection technologies, and to further develop your career in this exciting industry. Our Data Protection team is expanding to meet the needs of our customers and we are looking for highly qualified individuals who are passionate about data management and ready to help our customers get the most of their IT investment.
As a NetBackup Engineer, you will Propose, Design and Implement Veritas NetBackup solutions for NetX accounts. In addition, you will be asked to leverage your deep technical knowledge to help customers develop processes and procedures for availability, reliability, scalability, and manageability of their data protection environment. From time to time you may be asked to work with the NetX Sales Team to participate on technical presentations, Webinars and Customer Events.
- Implement enterprise - scale NetBackup solutions involving Veritas Appliances or other 3rd party storage hardware with knowledge of solutions from multiple vendors and across multiple fields of expertise (network, O/S, SAN, tape, RAID, application, databases, NAS).
- Assist in architecting and implementing NetBackup solutions for NetX customers.
- Develop and implement upgrade plans for customers moving from legacy versions of NetBackup.
- Identify and align an appropriate solution in response to technical support situations as needed.
- Awareness of Industry Standard Regulatory requirements and capabilities to implement retention, media handling, encryption, or other policies to meet requirements.
- Practical experience with performing backups and recovering applications, databases, and operating systems.
- In depth experience in the architecture, design and configuration of Veritas NetBackup.
- In depth experience in NetBackup administration in a mixed OS environment.
- Experience in the use, implementation, and troubleshooting of hardware and equipment commonly used in backup and recovery environments such as tape drives/libraries, storage devices (RAID arrays), storage area networks/fiber cabling, SAN switches/zoning, HBAs (SCSI and Fiber), NICs, network (Ethernet).
- Knowledgeable in industry standards when performing backup and recovery for common applications such as Active Directory, Oracle, SQL, SharePoint, VMware etc.
- Experience and understanding of VMware, Hyper-V and similar virtualization technologies.
- Able to identify and help resolve network performance problems and bottlenecks such as with switch/ports, NIC settings relevant to backup performance.
- Understand administrative user concepts such as Windows domains, UNIX groups/users and how user/group/domain access works on various operating systems.
- Understanding advanced O/S user and file system concepts and how they can relate to backup and recovery.
- Presentation ability; bridging the business to technical or technical to business level view.
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working Knowledge of other Data Protection products such as CommVault, EMC Avamar\Networker.
- Working Knowledge of other storage devices such as IBM, Quantum, Data Domain, ExaGrid, Dell Equallogic.
- 2 years of NetBackup or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Veritas NetBackup.
- Certified for Veritas Catalog Migration (preferred but not required).
Fortinet Account Manager
About the job
NetX is seeking an experienced Fortinet sales professional to lead the growth of our Security practice. This position is remote, but in the NY Metro area is a plus.
NetX offerings include enterprise data protection and security, storage, cloud management and regulatory compliance; helping clients with their data management needs. In addition to reselling software\hardware solutions, NetX provides various consulting services and managed services to our clients, across all verticals.
- Manage and create new strategic relationship with key stakeholders within our client’s IT Leadership organizations, including the IT Directors, CTO, CIO, and Line of Business leaders.
- Manage strategic relationships and improve engagement with 3rd party vendors and partner account managers
- Expand (cross-sell/up-sell) and retain revenue streams with existing clients.
- Development and execution of strategic sales plans by utilizing direct marketing strategies, account penetration, sales process management and marketing support materials.
- Effectively utilizing NetX team of product and industry experts to advance the sales effort.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends, competitive technology/solutions and potential new product and service opportunities for NetX.
- 3 to 5 years of Security Account Management experience (inside or field sales).
- Strong solution sales skills with the ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of the market forces and industry trends affecting our customers.
- Demonstrated success managing clients and/or prospecting relationships in the Security services space. - Experience selling similar products.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude that is focused on success.
- Excellent communication skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with internal technical teams to deliver client solutions.
- Strong knowledge with Microsoft office for documentation and creating Power Point presentations
We are always looking for highly talented individuals to add to our NetX team. If you are interested in a position, we have no specific vacancies published on our site, we still encourage you to send us your resume and CV.