Veritas NetBackup 10 Advanced Administration Training Course
The Veritas NetBackup 10 Advanced Administration training course is a 5-day instructor-led virtual classroom that includes both lecture and hands-on experience. You will learn advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, security, disaster recovery, application, and database protection on physical and virtual machines, and protecting data backed up to and from the cloud.
This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, Cassandra, and Hadoop backups and restores along with other modern workloads like containerized applications, and Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor. NetBackup APIs, Parallel Streaming Framework, Universal Shares, Bare Metal Restore, and NetBackup MSDP Cloud are also discussed in this course
Training Course Objectives:
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Ensure that your NetBackup environment and data are secure using NetBackup security features.
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancement features.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using NetBackup MSDP cloud.
- Improve deduplication backup performance and optimize deduplication restores and rehydration.
- Protect and recover the MSDP catalog,
- Configure Universal Shares and back up to Universal Shares.
- Configure a Build-Your-Own server for Universal Shares.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, and Hadoop databases.
- Configure and protect containerized applications in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Use NetBackup to protect Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor workloads.
- Protect in-cloud workloads using NetBackup and orchestrate restores of NetBackup images.
- Work with NetBackup APIs.
- Configure and use Bare Metal Restore.
- PProtect databases using NetBackup XBSA.
- Work with Legacy Policies and Generic Application Backups.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for NetBackup system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration and development staff who are responsible for implementing new and advanced NetBackup 10.0 features and functionality.
Training Course Prerequisites:
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This course includes practical hands-on lab exercises to apply your new skills in a virtual NetBackup domain. At the start of class students will choose between Windows-based or Linux-based NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Veritas Master Accredited Engineer.