Veritas Flex Scale 3.0: Administration
The Veritas Flex Scale 3.0: Administration course covers how to deploy and configure NetBackup Flex Scale appliances. Participants learn how to set up, monitor, and manage NetBackup Flex Scale Infrastructure, and configure networks, resiliency, and security. The course also discusses how to perform site-based Disaster Recovery, and configure EMS, optimized deduplication, and AIR. Upgrade, patch management, and troubleshooting NetBackup Flex Scale issues are also discussed.
Training Course Objectives:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe NetBackup Flex Scale and the workloads handled by NetBackup Flex Scale.
- Describe NetBackup Flex Scale architecture.
- Describe NetBackup Flex Scale configuration methods.
- Explain NetBackup Flex Scale APIs.
- Configure the AD/LDAP server for NetBackup services, Universal Shares, and Instant Access./li>
- Create a Protection Point for a Universal Share.
- Configure and manage nodes using the NetBackup Flex Scale Web UI and REST APIs.
- Explain network management in NetBackup Flex Scale.
- Configure Call Home settings and view Call Home information.
- Explain Erasure Coding in NetBackup Flex Scale and state its benefits.
- Explain NetBackup Flex Scale container failover and mobility.
- Describe NetBackup catalog protection and primary service catalog protection using checkpoints.
- Explain Site-based Disaster Recovery in NetBackup Flex Scale.
- Describe the implementation of STIG and FIPS for NetBackup Flex Scale.
- Describe NetBackup Flex Scale support for Immutability.
- Configure EMS, Optimized Deduplication, and AIR.
- Describe the NetBackup Flex Scale upgrade process.
- Perform a patch upgrade using the Web UI and REST APIs.
- Collect and download diagnostic logs from the NetBackup Flex Scale Web UI.
- Check and repair storage from the NetBackup Flex Scale Web UI.
- Troubleshoot various NetBackup Flex Scale issues.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for technical professionals responsible for the design, deployment, configuration, operation, and management of Veritas NetBackup Flex Scale Appliances.
Students must have working knowledge of Veritas NetBackup and Veritas InfoScale Availability. Knowledge of clustering, storage management, and networking is also required.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them into your working environment.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Veritas Master Accredited Engineer.
Symantec and Veritas Full Training Course List
NetX Veritas Professional Services