Symantec Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC
- Scalable database performance with data integrity
- Disaster recovery support option for Oracle RAC, including host-based replication without storage array limitations, and complete application failover across extended distances
- Flexible Storage Sharing (FSS)
- Easy-to-use database clones to enable data analysis and backups.
- Off-host processing
- I/O bottleneck reduction
- Stretch RAC environments
- Centralize multi-node management and make RAC as easy to manage as a single-node non-RAC database.
- Combine shared and direct-attached storage (DAS), ease SSD/ flash adoption and scale out servers to achieve near local read/write performance from/to remote disks.
- Enable storage QoS for mission-critical applications using granular, intelligent application level caching.
- Increase storage utilization with our integrated compression, deduplication and SmartTier technologies as well as thin provisioning and thin reclamation.
- Provide faster recovery and minimal downtime for applications composed of multiple components running on different physical and virtual tiers, adding resilience to the private cloud.
- Eliminate the risk of data corruption in the event of a “split brain” condition.
- Utilize database accelerators and multiple physical paths to disks.
- Map database objects down the storage hierarchy to the disks to identify and reduce congestion.
- Reduce complexity by automating multi-tier application availability and disaster recovery using a single tool across platforms, physical or virtual.
- Automatically move less frequently used data to less expensive disks, without disruption.