Symantec Security Awareness Training
The Symantec Security Awareness Training Service provides a programmatic approach that includes comprehensive web-based training and communication tools to help companies meet regulatory requirements specific to employee security awareness training. This can help reduce vulnerabilities by creating an informed corporate culture, to influence employees to protect an organization’s critical information assets from exploitation, cyber-attacks, unauthorized access, and fraud. The program is designed not only to increase security knowledge and understanding but also to influence appropriate employee behavior at all levels.
The web-based training describes the importance of information security, promotes the understanding of information security principles, the awareness and reality of threats and vulnerabilities, and the application of security best practices to your environment.
Course List and Descriptions
PCI AND HIPAA
- Introduction to HIPAA
- Introduction to PCI DSS
GENERAL SECURITY AWARENESS
- How Hackers Get In
- Human Firewall
- Information on the Internet
- Staying Secure Online
- Appropriate Use
- Insider Threats
- Wi-Fi Security
- Working Remotely
ROLE BASED TRAINING
- Information Security Risk Management
- Information Security Program Management
- Laws and Legality
- Organization Security Policies
- System Policies
- Information Security Program for IT Security
- CIA Triad
- Information Security for Help Desk
- IT Architecture Overview
- Securing Network Communications
- Network Security Controls
- Information Security Risk Basics
- System and Data Ownership
- Information Security Specific Roles
- Human Resources Security
- Remote Access
- Security in the System Development Lifecycle
- Operation Security
- The Certification and Accreditation Process
- Contracting and System Acquisition
- Physical Security
- Media Handling
- Contingency Planning and Disaster Recovery
- User Security
- Improving Information Security Performance through Education
- Access Control Basis
- Incident Response Basics
- Information Security Program for IT Department
- Vulnerabilities, Threats, and Controls
- Audit and Assessment
Why Symantec Security Awareness Training?
A successful security awareness program influences attitudes and behavior. It instills and reinforces security best practices so that they become habitual in daily tasks and interactions. It must:
- Promote employee awareness that they are responsible for organizational security.
- Teach the security principles for which employees are responsible.
- Raise employee awareness of the threats to which the organization is vulnerable.
- Teach how to apply the security principles to everyday tasks.
- Remind, refresh, and update the security principles and best practices learned.
The Symantec Security Awareness Training Program was developed by professionals with backgrounds in instructional design and security best practices. This combination of expertise ensures both content quality and instructional presentation that maximizes learning and retention. In addition, Symantec Education leverages data and trends from its Global Intelligence Network to constantly improve the content of the program, such as best practices when using social media.
Symantec’s position as the industry leader in security is the result of 25 years of research, development, and delivery of market leading technologies in use by 99 percent of the Fortune 500. Symantec is recognized as a technology and market share leader in over a dozen categories by Gartner, Forrester, and IDC. Symantec holds over 1,200 patents in its global patent portfolio. Symantec's Global Intelligence Network: 3
- Holds more than 66,400 vulnerabilities in the Symantec vulnerability database
- Has five million decoy accounts in the Symantec Probe Network
- Gathers data from 8.4 billion emails per month
- Has more than 57.5 million attack sensors in 157 countries
As a recognized global leader in security intelligence and security training, Symantec is uniquely positioned to help organizations raise security awareness.