Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault 11 introduces innovative new technology that expands the archiving platform to support end-user archiving for other email platforms such as Google Mail, Office 365 or any IMAP enabled mail system, and enhances the productivity of both IT staff and enterprise end user customers.
- Unified Document Archiving Software Platform moves less-frequently accessed information off of expensive primary storage to lower-cost storage
- Global deduplication of Archived Content (i.e. email, files, sharepoint, IM, databases.)
- Easy to use Compliance and an E-Discovery options to enable roles-based search and access for self-service users to search, preserve, review and export electronically-stored information and messages
- Policy-based management and workflow to automate archiving processes and take control of data sprawl
- Supports virtualization infrastructure for flexible deployment without additional hardware
Additional Archiving Features
Built-in Data Classification Services (DCS)
- Based on Symantec Data Loss Prevention technology, add context and relevance for more granular control over identification, retention, and deletion of Exchange messages
- Identify and flag email with private and sensitive information, such as social security numbers, bank accounts and phone numbers
Discovery Accelerator Custodian-based Search
- Quickly find all relevant information across email, SharePoint, files, IMs, etc., based on custodian
- Target searches to individual custodians within a case for increased search precision and recall
Archive Microsoft File Servers and SharePoint Content
- Extend governance to file servers and SharePoint. Archive SharePoint document libraries for storage optimization and compliance.
- Archive SharePoint document libraries, wiki’s custom SharePoint lists, social content and more.
Social Media and Website Archiving
- Extend compliance policies to sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Preserve social media communications for eDiscovery requests
Archive to the Cloud
- Leverage Cloud Storage Connectors to designate AT&T Synaptic, Amazon S3 and others providers as a storage tier for archiving.
- Enterprise archiving reduces storage footprint and costs by up to 60% or more by moving deduplication and compression closer to the source while retention and deletion policies keep information for only as long as it is needed
- Streamlines backup and recovery times by moving older, infrequently accessed data from production sources into a centralized archive
- Enables an in-depth search of Electronically-Stored Information (ESI) across the enterprise, giving organizations clear visibility into and control of the discovery, assessment, and management of unstructured and semi-structured information
- Allows for immediate early case assessments, legal hold and review without manual, time-consuming collection processes