Veritas NetBackup Appliances 5.0:Configuration and Management Training Course
The Veritas NetBackup Appliances 5.0 course covers how to configure the appliances and add storage to the appliances. You will learn how the appliances easily integrate into the NetBackup environment, how to run backups and restores, maintain and monitor the appliances, and the basics of resolving appliance issues. In addition, you will also learn about reconfiguring the appliances, deploying virtual appliances, using common appliance features, and clustering NetBackup 53xx appliances.
Training Course Objectives:
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Describe key components of the NetBackup Appliances - hardware and software.
- Configure the NetBackup Appliance.
- Configure Universal Shares in an Appliance.
- Perform local configuration tasks using the Appliance Web Console and CLISH.
- Perform remote configuration tasks using VRM.
- Integrate appliances into the NetBackup environment, run backups and restores.
- Configure appliance shares and work with Oracle Copilot and Instant Access for VMware.
- Resolve appliance issues with troubleshooting tools.
- Monitor appliance health.
- Update appliance software.
- Perform maintenance tasks on the appliance.
- Reconfigure the appliance.
- Deploy Virtual Appliances.
- Describe pre-configuration tasks for deployment and configuration of a NetBackup Virtual Appliance.
- Cluster NetBackup 53xx appliances.
Who Should Attend
This course is meant for customers and partners new to appliances and front-line technical support personnel who are responsible for configuring the 5340 and 5350 appliances, performing appliance maintenance tasks, operating and managing the appliance, and troubleshooting the appliance.
You must have a working knowledge of Veritas NetBackup. It would be beneficial to have some knowledge about Veritas NetBackup Appliances, networking, and storage concepts.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
The NetBackup Appliances 5.0 Configuration and Management Training Course includes practical hands-on lab exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them into your working environment. It also includes simulations, demonstrations, and videos as part of the lab work.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This configuration management training course is instructor-led by a Veritas Master Accredited Engineer.