Veritas NetBackup 8.2 Advanced Administration Training Course
The Veritas NetBackup 8.2 Advanced Administration training course is a 5-day instructor-led virtual classroom that includes both lecture and hands-on experience. The Veritas NetBackup 8.2 Advanced Administration training course provides the IT professional with instruction on advanced Veritas NetBackup 8.2 software functionality and administrative tasks. You will learn advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, disaster recovery, application backups on physical and virtual machines, virtual machine accelerator backups, and security. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database backups.
Training Course Objectives:
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks, tuning NetBackup buffers, and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancing features.
- Ensure your NetBackup environment and data is secure using security certificates, authentication, authorization, auditing, and encryption.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication and Auto Image Replication.
- Optimize NetBackup deduplication storage and use by understanding and managing performance enhancing features for backups and restores, and configuring MSDP catalog protection policies.
- Describe requirements for backing up third-party applications and databases.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint databases.
- Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database recovery.
- Configure, run, and manage backups for applications running in virtual machines.
- Configure accelerator for VMware virtual machines.
- Configure, run, and manage backups using NDMP filers
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for NetBackup system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration and development staff who are responsible for implementing new and advanced NetBackup 8.2 features and functions.
Training Course Prerequisites:
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This course includes practical hands-on lab exercises to apply your new skills in a virtual NetBackup domain. At the start of class students will choose between Windows-based or Linux-based NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Veritas Master Accredited Engineer.