Symantec Validation and ID Protection Service (VIP)
- Cloud-based infrastructure – Secure, reliable, and scalable service delivers strong authentication without requiring dedicated on-premise server hardware; and affords timely and transparent delivery of new capabilities.
- Broad choice of authentication options and credentials – VIP supports second-factor authentication with hardware and free software/mobile one-time password (OTP), and Out-of-Band (OOB); in addition to transparent risk-based token-less authentication that uses device and behavior profiling to block risky logon attempts.
- Passwordless and Push logon options – Eliminate the password using biometrics built into the latest mobile devices to deliver a user experience that is the ultimate in convenience; for other devices use Push verification to eliminate the 6-digit code with a single touch.
- Self-service credential provisioning – Deploy strong authentication to end users without requiring IT helpdesk or administrator configuration or intervention.
- Enterprise infrastructure support – Integrates with network infrastructure via RADIUS out-of-the-box or through plug-ins into popular enterprise applications such as Microsoft ADFS, Oracle, and Symantec Identity: Access Manager.
- Provides security and convenience: Meet IT’s security requirements and the user demand for convenience with two-factor authentication options that are as easy as one-touch Push verification and passwordless authentication
- Accelerates time-to-security: Speeds deployments by eliminating infrastructure and physical tokens; and through user friendly self-service options for token registration and provisioning
- Enables compliance: Helps enable compliance by establishing controls over access to sensitive networks, applications, and data
- Reduces capital costs: Eliminates the expense of building and maintaining in-premise infrastructure
- Delivers scalability: Carrier-class availability and reliability accommodates rapid changes in user base and allows for easy delivery of new VIP capabilities