Symantec SymEd Solution
To support academia’s challenges around the plethora of opportunities and options provided by technological advancements in education, Symantec has developed the SymEd solution. SymEd offers three solution options that provide immediate cost savings through a new licensing program based on Full Time Employees (FTE) rather than per device models. In addition to cost savings through licensing and reduced infrastructure and operational costs, these packages include increased management and security solutions around mobility and confidential information, regardless of how information is accessed.
SymEd Solution Packages
|Secure||Secure Plus||Advanced||Total Management|
|Protection Suite Enterprise Edition|
|Ghost Solution Suite|
|Client Management Suite|
|IT Management Suite|
Highlights of Symantec SymEd Solution
- Centralized standards to allow institutions to automate the deployment, security, and management of devices with central management.
- Secure e-Learning environment for physical, virtual, and cloud platforms.
- Support for multiple operating systems including Windows®, MAC OS™, iOS™, Android®, Linux™ and others.
- Critical data protection with advanced local backup and recovery for Windows desktops and laptops.
- Simplified method to ensure license compliance across the institution.
- Reduced infrastructure and operational costs with a comprehensive centralized management platform.
SymEd is only available in the United States at this time.