Symantec Storage Foundation
- Granular and online application level caching
- Combine shared and direct-attached storage (DAS)
- Increased storage utilization across heterogeneous environments
- Deduplication and compression
- I/O path availability and performance
- Automated storage tiering
- Centralized storage management
- Easy OS and Storage Migration with minimum downtime
- Granular, online caching at the application level. With SmartIO, application architects, server administrators, and database administrators can move reads and writes inside the server. In lab tests replicating real-world use-cases, SmartIO delivers up to 400% performance improvement while reducing storage costs by 80%.
- Simplify SSD/Flash adoption and realize the performance benefits without compromising on high-availability and flexibility. Using Flexible Storage Sharing (FSS), scale-out servers with Direct-Attached Storage (DAS) and experience near-local read and write performance to and from remote disks.
- Comprehensive insight into the storage environment enabling improved usage and efficiency across all major operating systems including Oracle Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX, SUSE Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux (RHEL compatible mode), Microsoft Windows and storage hardware including EMC, HDS, IBM, Network Applicance, HP, Compellent, 3Par and more.
- Reduction of primary storage footprint with built-in deduplication and compression in primary storage. In lab tests replicating real-world use-cases, deduplication reduced storage footprint by 50-80% and compression reduced footprints by 70%.
- Get the maximum performance and failure protection for your storage. Dynamic Multi-Pathing efficiently spreads I/Os across multiple paths to deliver maximum performance, path failure protection and fast failover.
- Use the right storage for the right workload. SmartTier, a feature of Storage Foundation, seamlessly and transparently moves data based on business value.
- Simplify database management while achieving high availability and superior performance for DB2, Oracle, Sybase, and SQL databases with Storage Foundation.
- Migrate across operating systems without downtime. Portable Data Containers, a feature of Storage Foundation, helps easily and quickly convert data for use between Unix and Linux operating systems, enabling seamless data migration.