Symantec Storage Foundation Cluster File System
- Combine shared and direct-attached storage (DAS)
- Centralized management of file systems and cluster volumes provides operational efficiency and maximum uptime
- Clustered ISCI provides scalable performance for block storage over IP
- Volume asymmetry helps with ease of use and provides resiliency
- Fully supports running inside a VMware guest OS, using either RDM-P or VMFS vmdk with multi-write flag
- I/O Shipping allows a node with a damaged storage path to avoid being ejected from the cluster by sending data to storage via another node.
- Integration with Violin Memory flash Memory Array
- Simplify SSD/Flash adoption and realize the performance benefits without compromising on high-availability and flexibility. Using Flexible Storage Sharing (FSS), scale-out servers with Direct-Attached Storage (DAS) and experience near-local read and write performance to and from remote disks.
- Improves application performance and scalability—Get parallel processing and add servers dynamically to improve service levels and performance. Cluster File System scales performance linearly by up to 64 servers.
- Minimizes application downtime—Since data is available to all servers at all times, failover is simply limited to the time it takes the application to restart. For Oracle RAC, get sub-minute recovery at a fraction of the cost and complexity. Get higher availability for Linux and Unix environments.
- Flexibility in a VMware environment—Deploy applications in a configuration optimized for either data protection or for virtual machine mobility. Regardless of the scenario Cluster File System continues to provide parallel access to data for high performance and application uptime.
- Reduces costs with storage consolidation—Mix and match heterogeneous storage resources, enabling storage consolidation.
- Perform online storage migrations—Move application data non-disruptively to support changing business and operational requirements, regardless of storage or platform.
- Avoid unnecessary fail-over occurrences and associated application disruption.
- Integration with Violin Memory flash Memory Array–Get the benefits of Cluster File System at the speed and scale of memory.