Symantec Storage Foundation Basic
- Online storage management system (Windows, Solaris, Linux, HP-UX and AIX) support and broad set of qualified storage devices and arrays.
- Dynamic multi-pathing enables I/O to be efficiently spread across multiple paths for path failure protection and fast failover(Windows version no longer includes dynamic multi-pathing).
- Veritas Operations Manager allows centralized management of diverse applications, servers and storage.
- Thin provisioning enables storage capacity to be over allocated to applications and physical capacity to be consumed only as applications actually write data.
- Increase data storage utilization across heterogeneous operating systems and storage arrays.
- Enhance storage I/O path availability and performance and efficiently spread I/O across multiple paths.
- Increase operational efficiency with comprehensive visibility and centralized management of applications, servers and storage across multiple hosts.
- Simplify both data management and provisioning of storage, while increasing storage utilization, lowering costs and improving operational efficiencies with Symantec Storage Foundation Basic.