Symantec Protection Engine for Network Attached Storage
- The next generation malware detection engine enables Protection Engine to detect unknown, recent, and new threats through dynamic categorization and advanced heuristics.
- Powered by Symantec Insight technology, providing proactive protection against new, targeted, or mutating threats.
- Off-board AV scanning for NetApp C-mode architecture (compatible with NetApp ONTAP v8.2.1 and later)
- AV Microdefs allow for smaller malware updates
- Protect applications and storage from hosting and distributing malware.
- Provides high-performance scanning of files for viruses, malware, spyware, worms, and Trojan horses.
- Easily integrates with third-party NAS devices via ICAP.
- Delivers statistical and detailed activity reports that can be viewed in HTML or exported to CSV format.
- Delivers consumption reporting to illustrate how resources are being utilized.
- Improved alerts allow event triggers to be sent via email or SNMP alerts when a predetermined number of events occur.
- Central quarantine allows administrators to safely move potential threats to a safe area on a centralized server.
- Improved logging captures and displays more event details.
Advantages of Protection Engine for Network Attached Storage
- Leverages the next generation of Symantec threat detection technology
- Scalable solution with the ability to run multiple Protection Engine for Network Attached Storage servers in parallel and utilize most popular load-balancing solutions
- Support for multiple operating systems and mix mode deployment
- The Symantec Engine is backed up by the Symantec Security Response organization