Symantec NetBackup Appliance 5200 Series
When it’s time to upgrade or expand the backup or disaster recovery hardware infrastructure, many customers follow a traditional path to acquire, build, and integrate their own servers and storage. It is a reflex that is well known, but also one with hidden productivity costs. Eliminate the time and effort of installing, configuring, and maintaining your backup and disaster recovery hardware and software components with the Symantec NetBackup™ Appliance.
- Industry leading NetBackup software - The NetBackup 5200 series appliances comes pre-installed with NetBackup to provide a complete and integrated backup and deduplication solution for customers.
- Scalable Architecture - The NetBackup 5200 series appliances have a flexible and scalable architecture and can be deployed as an all-in-one backup server with intelligent end-to-end deduplication or in a configuration of multiple backup appliances (media servers) that can move 100s of TB of data per day. Flexible network connectivity options allow these appliances to be deployed to meet remote office, virtual server, or data center data protection needs. In addition, NetBackup appliances can be used in conjunction with NetBackup software deployments on other servers to minimize vendor hardware lock-in.
- Ultimate virtual machine protection - Built-in support for VMware vSphere™ and Microsoft Hyper-V®. Unlike other solutions, the NetBackup 5200 series appliances deliver off-host backups with no requirement for proxy servers thereby eliminating associated complexity, cost and resource overhead.
- Intelligent End-to-End Deduplication - The NetBackup 5200 series is the only single-vendor enterprise backup appliances that provides end-to-end deduplication, both source and target side deduplication.
The NetBackup 5200 series enables you to easily build up and deploy your organization's backup and deduplication strategy for effective information management. Leverage this simple solution in your NetBackup environment to maximize IT staff time, operations and storage investment.
- Suitable for environments of any size—starting at 4TB and expandable up to 148TB of useable disk, it is ideal for remote offices, regional offices, and enterprise data centers.
- Multiple functional roles—can be deployed as master server, media server or both for a NetBackup environment.
- Comprehensive—Backup solution with built-in deduplication. Symantec provides the software, hardware, services and support.
- Intelligent end-to-end deduplication—reduces the size of backups by up to 50 times and network bandwidth utilization by up to 99 percent, so you can backup and replicate faster.
- Flexible deduplication options—Deduplication at source, media server, or target; inline or post-process.