Symantec Identity and Authentication Training
The Symantec (Broadcom) Identity and Authentication Services R1 Training class overs how to prepare and plan and implement the Symantec VIP Service and VIP Access Manager using a fictional organization called Trusted Bank and emulating real-life scenarios. This course will help you understand and apply VIP strong authentication integration to provide multifactor authentication to applications.
Training Course Objectives:
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the various VIP Service components and the need for strong authentication.
- Plan and deploy the VIP Service architecture components in an enterprise environment..
- Understand the developer integration options for applications that require development for integration using the VIP Web Service API’s and Mobile Credential Development Kit.
- Identify the major features and functions of Symantec VIP Access Manager.
- Describe the deployment options and architecture of Symantec VIP Access Manager.
- Configure Symantec VIP Access Manager to use Identity Services for Single Sign-On to web-based applications.
- Implement access controls to web-based applications.
- Enable multi-factor to step-up authentication to applications based on specific scenarios.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for anyone who is charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of the Symantec VIP Service and VIP Access Manager.
Training Course Prerequisites:
It is recommended to have a working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, LDAP-based user identity stores, HTML and network security concepts.
Though not required, to get the most out of this course, you should also have a mobile device – preferably one with biometric capabilities.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-led training (ILT), Virtual Academy (VA)
Our Symantec Instructors are Engineers and have knowledge of critical concepts and skill to install, configure, manage and troubleshoot Symantec solutions. The Hands-on lab supplements your learning by allowing you to practice in a live environment.
Hands-On Training Course:
The Symantec Identity and Authentication Services R1 Training course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Symantec Master Accredited Engineer.