Symantec Client Management Suite 8.5 Administration Training
The Symantec (Broadcom) CMS 8.5 Administration training course is a 3-day, instructor-led, hands-on course teaches students the underlying components and concepts of the Symantec Management Platform along with the Symantec Management Console that is used by CMS to perform its management functions. Students learn how to use CMS software solutions to collect inventory, manage their software, and apply software updates. Students also learn how to use the platform consoles and reports to analyze and monitor their environment.
Training Course Objectives:
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discover and import computer and user resources that you want to manage.
- Gather hardware, software and operating system inventory.
- Remotely manage computers.
- Maintain a software repository.
- Deliver software to managed computers.
- Meter and track software on managed computers.
- Distribute software updates to managed computers.
- Analyze gathered data using predefined & custom reports.
Who Should Attend
This training course (CMS) is for IT administrators who will be maintaining and installing software, taking inventory of computers, distributing software updates to computers, or remotely managing computers.
Training Course Prerequisites:
You must have a basic understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10, 2008, 2012) operating systems and optionally Linux and Mac operating systems.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
The Symantec CMS 8.5 Administration training course (CMS) includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
Before attending the Client Management Suite 8.5 Administration course, it is strongly recommended that you complete the following Symantec ITMS Fundamentals web- based training modules:
- Symantec Management Platform & ITMS Overview
- Basic Architecture Overview
- Installation and Configuration
- Understanding Organizational Views and Groups
- Managing Targets and Filters
- Managing Policies, Jobs and Tasks
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Symantec Master Accredited Engineer.
Symantec and Veritas Full Training Course List
NetX Symantec Professional Services