Veritas NetBackup 9.1 Advanced Administration Training Course
The Veritas NetBackup 9.1 Advanced Administration training course is a 5-day instructor-led virtual classroom that includes both lecture and hands-on experience. You will learn the general principles, configuration, and management of NetBackup, including how to best utilize the NetBackup tools and interfaces, effectively monitor backup and restore operations, and ensure that the data recovery objectives are met.
Training Course Objectives:
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Describe the functions of the Primary/Master server, media servers, and clients.
- Describe how NetBackup backs up and restores data.
- Use the NetBackup Administration Console, Web User Interface, and OpsCenter.
- Configure and manage NetBackup security certificates.
- Configure, manage, and Monitor BasicDisk and Advanced Disk storage units and storage unit groups.
- Configure file system backup policies and schedules.
- Perform manual backups and user-directed backups.
- Restore files using the Java or Windows BAR interface and OpsCenter Operational Restore.
- Provision storage and configure MSDP.
- Manage NetBackup cloud backups and cloud storage.
- Optimize file system backups with NetBackup Accelerator.
- Backup, restore and protect virtual environments like VMware and Hyper-V.
- Configure Storage Lifecycle Policies (SLPs) and initiate jobs that use SLPs.
- Protect and manage the NetBackup catalog.
- Configure NetBackup WORM protection.
- Optimize NetBackup for performance.
- Generate NetBackup reports in NetBackup, OpsCenter, and APTARE IT Analytics.
- Initiate NetBackup upgrades using VxUpdate.
- NetBackup, including the support information gathering tools.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
Training Course Prerequisites:
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies is useful.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This course includes practical hands-on lab exercises to apply your new skills in a virtual NetBackup domain. At the start of class students will choose between Windows-based or Linux-based NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Veritas Master Accredited Engineer.