Veritas NetBackup 7.7 Administration Training
The Veritas Netbackup 7.7 Administration training course provides the IT professional with instruction on the functionality of Veritas NetBackup 7.7 software. The Symantec/Veritas Netbackup 7.7 Administration training course covers the general principles of using Veritas NetBackup to develop and implement a storage management strategy, including how to:
- Configure and operate Veritas NetBackup 7.7.
- Manage Veritas NetBackup using the graphical interfaces, commands, and scripts.
- Provide service protection and recovery.
- Use the Veritas NetBackup Activity Monitor, Symantec/Veritas NetBackup reports, and OpsCenter to monitor Veritas NetBackup activity.
Training Course Objectives:
By the completion of the Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Administration training course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the challenges of performing backups in today’s enterprise computing environments.
- Describe the functions of the master server, media servers, and clients.
- Diagram the Veritas NetBackup product architecture.
- Define common terms used in the Veritas NetBackup product.
- Describe how Veritas NetBackup backs up and restores data.
- Identify Veritas NetBackup options and agents.
- Use the Veritas NetBackup Administration Console and OpsCenter.
- Configure and manage basic disk storage units and storage unit groups.
- Configure file system backup policies and schedules.
- Perform manual backups and user-directed backups.
- Restore files using the Java or Windows BAR interface and OpsCenter Operational Restore.
- Monitor Veritas NetBackup backup and restore jobs and perform basic troubleshooting and information-gathering steps related to failing jobs.
- Configure and manage AdvancedDisk storage units and disk pools.
- Configure tape-based devices and volume pools; perform a robot inventory.
- Manage robot and tape drive settings, including media sharing.
- Monitor and manage media and media states.
- Configure, run, and manage virtual machine backups using VMware.
- Discuss other supported virtualization methods.
- Recover virtual machines, including using VMware Instant Recovery.
- Use the integrated Veritas NetBackup vSphere Web Client Plug-in for VMware.
- Describe the various methods of backup image duplication.
- Configure Storage Lifecycle Policies (SLPs) and initiate jobs that use SLPs.
- Manage the Veritas NetBackup catalog to search for, verify, duplicate, import, and expire backup images.
- Back up and recover the Veritas NetBackup catalogs.
- Optimize file system backups using incremental backups, True Image Restore, synthetic backups, Veritas NetBackup Accelerator, multiple data streams, and multiplexing.
- Identify and use resources for troubleshooting Veritas NetBackup, including the Symantec/Veritas NetBackup logging assistant, and tools related to debug logging.
Who can benefit from this course?
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of Veritas NetBackup.
Training Course Prerequisites:
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems.
Training Course Delivery Method:
The Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Administration training course is available in the following delivery methods:
- Online Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
Hands-On Training Course:
The Veritas NetBackup 7.7 Administration training course includes practical hands-on lab exercises to apply your new skills in a virtual Veritas NetBackup domain. At the start of training course, students will choose between Windows-based or Linux-based Veritas NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
The Veritas NetBackup 7.7 Administration training course is instructor-led by a Veritas Master Accredited Engineer.