Veritas NetBackup 10.x: Maintenance and Troubleshooting Training Course
The Veritas NetBackup 10.x: Maintenance and Troubleshooting training course is a 5-day instructor-led virtual classroom that covers general error detection tools and troubleshooting methodologies. It enables students to learn how to resolve issues related to the NetBackup database, devices, media, disk, cloud, OST, deduplication, and virtualization.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the core processes and functions of the NetBackup Primary server, Media server, and clients.
- Summarize the process flow for a backup, tape-based restore, and disk-based restore operation.
- Understand the core functions and use of legacy and unified logging.
- TTrack the relevant debug logs for backups and restores, resource allocation, and network communication.
- Recognize common debug logs messages related to a successful and failed backup job.
- Troubleshoot Certificate Revocation List configuration and expired certificate issues.
- Explain the VxUpdate error codes and their corresponding resolution.
- Resolve common NetBackup Web UI access issues.
- Describe the methodology to troubleshoot OpenStorage Technology plug-in backup logging and NetBackup Cloud storage configuration.
- Describe various issues related to NetBackup Snapshot Manager.
- Work with tools to maintain and troubleshoot NetBackup deduplication.
- Troubleshoot common VMware, Hyper-V, and RHV backup and restore issues.
- Configure and troubleshoot Storage Lifecycle Policies, data classification, and Auto Image Replication.
- Categorize the components of the NetBackup catalog.
- Backup, recover, and protect the NetBackup Relational database.
- Identify and resolve common NetBackup media and device issues.
- Use tools to maintain and troubleshoot BasicDisk and AdvancedDisk issues.
- Diagnose and resolve Kubernetes issues
Who Should Attend
This course is for NetBackup administrators, operators, system engineers, and technical support personnel who want to broaden their NetBackup advanced troubleshooting knowledge and skills on a Windows or UNIX platform.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operations. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration courses plus additional on-the-job experience.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This course includes practical hands-on lab exercises to apply your new skills in a virtual NetBackup domain. At the start of class, students will choose between Windows-based or Linux- based NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Veritas Master Accredited Engineer.
Veritas and Symantec Full Training Course List
NetX Veritas Professional Services