Veritas Information Studio 1.1: Administration Training
The Veritas course is a 3-day instructor-led virtual classroom that includes both lecture and hands-on experience. You will learn the general principles, deployment, configuration, and management of Information Studio, including how to best utilize its reporting capabilities, effectively manage and monitor data, and ensure data privacy, compliance, and optimize storage.
Training Course Objectives:
By the end of this Veritas administration training course, you will be able to:
- Learn the basic functionality of Information Studio along with different use cases, its architecture, and its benefits.
- Explain Veritas Information Studio components: Hub, Remote data Engine, and Windows Agent.
- Discuss deployment topologies and deployment process.
- List role permissions for the available roles.
- Describe organizations, edit a customer account, and grant access to Veritas Information Studio users.
- Learn how to add a tenant, manage certificates, and configure SMTP.
- Explain the available license models and add license information using the license manager.
- Locate and understand the various Veritas Information Studio Dashboard components.
- Capture information using the Veritas Information Studio application.
- Configure and add the following:
- Microsoft Azure connection
- Microsoft SharePoint Online connection
- Enterprise Box connection
- Google cloud storage connection
- Microsoft Exchange online connection
- Google Drive and Gmail connection
- Microsoft OneDrive connection
- Generic S3 Cloud Storage connection
- Configure data collection from Native File Servers like NetApp and EMC and Windows File Servers.
- Configure the Microsoft SharePoint on-premises connector in Information Studio.
- Configure the Microsoft SQL on-premises connector in Information Studio.
- Configure the Oracle connector in Information Studio.
- Configure the NetBackup connector in Information Studio.
- Configure the Microsoft Exchange on-premise connector in Information Studio.
- Create, manage, and view policies in Information Studio.
- View monitoring job metrics and download progress detail reports for jobs.
- View the Audit Log metrics, supported filters and export Audit Logs.
- Troubleshoot errors with policies and Data engines.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, and support of Veritas Information Studio.
Training Course Prerequisites:
Students should be familiar with NetBackup and have working knowledge of Oracle, SQL, SharePoint and Microsoft Exchange. Students should also have working knowledge of VMware.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This training course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
Training Course Duration:
Instructor-led training - ILT: 3 days, including 6 months of lab access
Virtual instructor-led training - VILT: 3 days, including 6 months of lab access
Learning Lab – Self-paced lesson guide plus 6 months of lab access
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Veritas Master Accredited Engineer.