Veritas Backup Exec 16: Administration Training
The Veritas Backup Exec 16: Administration training course is a 5-day instructor-led virtual classroom which includes both lecture and hands-on experience. This Symantec/Veritas training course teaches students how to back up and restore data, configure storage devices, manage media, and maintain the Backup Exec environment.
During the Veritas Backup Exec 16: Administration training course, students also learn how to configure and work with various Backup Exec Agents, which protect applications like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft SQL. The Veritas Backup Exec 15 Administration training course also covers the Virtual Environment Agents and the Deduplication Option.
Training Course Objectives:
By the completion of this training course, you will be able to::
- Describe the basic functionality of Veritas Backup Exec 16.
- Describe the basic architecture of Veritas Backup Exec 16.
- Install and upgrade to Veritas Backup Exec 16.
- Install and work with the Veritas Backup Exec 16 RAC.
- Configure storage devices.
- Manage devices and media used by Symantec/Veritas Backup Exec.
- Run basic backup jobs.
- Set backup settings and methods.
- Restore backed-up data.
- Perform Online Disaster Recovery.
- Work with the Database Encryption Key.
- Install the SDR disk creation wizard.
- Create an SDR disk image (.iso).
- Recovering a server with SDR.
- Backup a physical machine and convert to virtual simultaneously.
- Backup a physical machine and convert to virtual based on a schedule.
- Install, configure, and manage the Veritas Backup Exec Central Admin Server Option.
- Protect remote servers using the appropriate Remote Agent.
- Install, configure, and work with the Agent for Windows and the Agent for Linux and Agent for Mac.
- Use Veritas Backup Exec to protect databases and applications.
- Install, configure, backup and restore data with the following Veritas Backup Exec Agents:
- Agent for Microsoft SQL Server
- Agent for Microsoft Exchange
- Agent for Microsoft SharePoint
- Agent for VMware and Hyper-V
- Agent for Active Directory
- List the supported virtual conversion configurations.
- Install the Deduplication option.
- Configure Veritas Backup Exec Deduplication Storage.
- Backup and restore deduplicated data.
Who should attend this training course?
Veritas Backup Exec 16: Administration training course is designed for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, systems professionals, consultants, network managers, network administrators, backup administrators, backup operators, and others who are responsible for installing, configuring, and day-to-day management of Backup Exec 15 in a variety of network environments, and who are responsible for troubleshooting and tuning the performance of this product in the enterprise environment.
Training Course Prerequisites:
Before attending the Veritas Backup Exec 16: Administration training course, you must have basic working knowledge of administration and configuration of the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012 platforms. You must also have experience configuring server software and hardware. Basic working knowledge of domain security and experience with Active Directory and Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012 are recommended.
Basic working knowledge of the following applications is beneficial, but not required:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- VMware virtual infrastructure
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This training course includes practical exercises and labs using your own network by means of virtual computers enabling you to learn and fine tune the skills required to be successful in your working environment.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST