Symantec Web Security Service Planning, Implementation, and Administration R1.1
Training Course Objectives:
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the architecture, components and process flow of WSS
- Identify installation, configuration and administration of the core features and products of WSS.
- Identify the key elements for planning a WSS deployment.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for professionals who deal with architecting, installing, and administration of Web Security Service.
Training Course Prerequisites:
It is recommended to have a working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, LDAP-based user identity stores, HTML and network security concepts.
Though not required, to get the most out of this course, you should also have a mobile device – preferably one with biometric capabilities.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge of internet traffic protocols
- Basic understanding of principles of authentication
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-led training (ILT), Virtual Academy (VA)
Our Symantec Instructors are Engineers and have knowledge of critical concepts and skill to install, configure, manage and troubleshoot Symantec solutions. The Hands-on lab supplements your learning by allowing you to practice in a live environment.
The Symantec Web Security Service Planning, Implementation, and Administration R1.1 Training course contains 17 hands-on labs including:
- Lab Login and WSS Portal Introduction
- Create Portal Users
- Set Data Privacy Levels
- Install and Explore the WSS Agent
- Install and Explore the Unified Agent
- Create a Bypass List
- Create a Custom PAC File for Remote Locations
- Implement SEP-WSS Integration
- Install Auth Connector to Simplify Managing Remote Users
- Create and Deploy Policies to Limit Social Media Use
- Create a Source Geography Based Policy to Ensure Save Internet Usage
- Create a Customized Error Message Page
- Block Sites Based on Risk Level
- Block Infected Sites with Threat Protection
- Inspecting Encrypted Traffic with SSL Interception
- Improved Administration with WSS Reporting Tools
- Examine Administration Logs
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Symantec Master Accredited Engineer.