Veritas NetBackup 2.6.x Appliances: Configuration and Management
The Veritas NetBackup 2.6.x Appliances: Configuration and Management training course is a 2-day instructor-led virtual classroom which includes both lecture and hands-on experience. The Veritas NetBackup 2.6.x Appliances: Configuration and Management training course provides IT professionals with the skills necessary to configure and manage Veritas NetBackup appliances. You will learn about the general tools and processes used when working with Veritas NetBackup appliances, such as the CLISH interface and appliance web console, as well as configuration and maintenance tasks specific to the Veritas NetBackup 5230 and 5330 appliances. Additionally this training course explains the process of initial configuration, backup operations as they pertain to the appliance, monitoring, managing and troubleshooting a Veritas NetBackup Appliance environment.
Note: The scope of this training course does NOT include general Veritas NetBackup concepts such as architecture in a Veritas NetBackup domain and backup policies. For this foundational knowledge please see the Veritas NetBackup 7.6.x: Administration training course.
Training Course Objectives:
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe each of the Veritas Appliance family models, software releases and the major features of each of those models.
- Describe the process of performing a basic configuration of the Appliance using the Veritas NetBackup Appliance Web Console and the Veritas NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH).
- Describe the process of monitoring and managing the 5230 Appliance using RMM4 and the Veritas NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu CLISH).
- Identify common Appliance hardware faults or failures and management tasks for the appliance.
- Describe the process of applying updates to the Appliance software and the effects and options of performing a reset or a reimage and decommissioning of a 5230 Appliance.
- Review troubleshooting tools.
Who can benefit from this training course?
This training course is intended for Administrators, Operators, and other IT professionals who need to understand the general configuration, operations, monitoring and management concepts of a Veritas NetBackup Appliance.
Training Course Prerequisites:
Before attending this training course, you should also have an understanding and working knowledge of networking fundamentals, storage fundamentals, Linux command fundamentals and general Veritas NetBackup concepts such as storage units and backup policies.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This training course includes hands-on labs with a virtual appliance, demonstrations, and videos that enable you to run commands, view reports and observe procedures and begin to apply them in your working environment.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Veritas Master Accredited Engineer.