Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.X: Administration 1 Training Course
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.X: Administration 1 training course is a 5-day instructor-led virtual classroom which includes both lecture and hands-on experience. This Symantec training course teaches students how to design, deploy, install, configure, manage, and monitor Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.X (SEP 12.1.X).
During the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.X: Administration 1 training course, students learn how to create and implement the client firewall, intrusion prevention, application and device control, and behavioral protection policies that guard the enterprise from viruses and hackers. In addition, students learn how to perform server and database management, expand the management environment, use virtualization features for virtual clients, and interface the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) with Protection Center.
Training Course Objectives:
By the completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Describe Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) products, components, dependencies, and system hierarchy.
- Install and configure Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) management and client components.
- Deploy Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) clients.
- Manage the client user interface.
- Manage product content updates.
- Design a Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) environment.
- Manage Virus and Spyware Protection policies.
- Manage SONAR scans.
- Manage Firewall and Intrusion Prevention policies.
- Manage Application and Device Control policies.
- Manage virtualized clients.
- Configure replication and load balancing.
- Monitor and maintain the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) environment.
- Interface the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) with Protection Center.
Who can benefit from this training course?
This training course is for network managers, resellers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants w ho are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) in a variety of network environments, and w ho are responsible for troubleshooting and tuning the performance of this product in the enterprise environment.
Training Course Prerequisites:
You must have working knowledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/IP networking terms and Internet terms, and an administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003 operating systems.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This training course includes practical exercises and labs using your own network by means of virtual computers enabling you to learn and fine tune the skills required to be successful in your working environment.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Symantec Master Accredited Engineer.