Symantec Deployment Solution 7.5: Administration Training
The Symantec Deployment Solution 7.5: Administration training course is a 5-day instructor-led virtual classroom which includes both lecture and hands-on experience. This Symantec training course teaches students how Symantec Deployment Solution (DS) simplifies the routine tasks of setting up new computers, migrating computers to a new operating system, and moving users to new operating systems or hardware. Students also learn how to install, configure, and use Symantec Deployment Solution (DS) to perform these types of tasks remotely from an easy-to-use console, saving time for employees and money for their enterprise.
Training Course Objectives:
By the completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Install and configure Symantec Deployment Solution (DS)
- Use the Symantec Management Console to create and use jobs and tasks to manage computes
- Configure Symantec Deployment Solution (DS) for Sysprep, NBS (PXE/BSDP), initial deployment and OS licenses
- Capture and deploy computer images including Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Configure image deployments
- Remote control computers using pcAnywhere
- Manage “unknown” and predefined computers
- Perform disk wipes and create disk partitions
- Create Windows scripted OS installations
- Create PC transplant templates
- Capture a computer personality, and deploy personality packages
- Perform a computer migration from XP to Win 7
Who can benefit from this training course?
This training course is for system administrators or anyone who will be installing, configuring, and managing a Symantec Deployment Solution (DS) system.
Training Course Prerequisites:
Students should have a working knowledge of Windows 2008, Win 7, and XP; be familiar with network concepts, including LANs, network adapters, drivers, and network operating systems.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
This training course includes practical exercises and labs using your own network by means of virtual computers enabling you to learn and fine tune the skills required to be successful in your working environment.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Symantec Master Accredited Engineer.