Symantec Blue Coat Security Analytics Training Administrator
The Symantec Blue Coat Security Analytics Administrator Training course covers:
- Security Analytics Product Introduction.
- Solution Design.
- Installation and Setup.
- Security Analytics Web-based User Interface.
- Reports – What Do They Tell Me?
- Using the Filter Bar.
- Using Advanced Filters.
- Management, Monitoring, and Maintenance.
Training Course Objectives:
By the completion of this Symantec Security Analytics Training course, you will be able to:
- Install, preconfigure, and license new instances of Security Analytics.
- Identify and evaluate reference scenarios and deployment options based on organizational needs, network configurations, and storage capacity.
- Select network locations for data capture and describe the potential implications.
- Explain the options for, limitations of, and differences among the use of taps, mirror/SPAN ports, and virtual infrastructure for capturing packet data.
- Identify the options and requirements for load distribution and the capabilities, benefits, and limitations of load-distributed configurations.
- Identify hardware specifications and requirements for physical appliances and storage modules, including the correct identification of the cabling requirements for connecting storage modules to 2G and 10G appliances.
- Navigate the GUI, identify the main functional areas of the GUI, and understand how tokens in the path bar, time-frame values, and other factors.
- Create custom dashboards and widgets.
- Use the path bar to filter out noise and narrow your focus on relevant data.
Who Should Attend?
IT network or security professionals who wish to master the fundamentals of Symantec + Blue Coat products, with a focus on network security, and who may not have taken any previous Symantec and Blue Coat training courses.
Training Course Prerequisites:
Participants should be familiar with network administration in distributed, enterprise-class LAN/WAN topologies, including basic Unix/Linux administration and, have some experience with using proxies, firewalls, routers, and switches to implement network- security policies. Basic to advanced knowledge of best practices for incident response and continuous monitoring is a plus.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Our Symantec Instructors are Engineers and have knowledge of critical concepts and skill to install, configure, manage and troubleshoot Symantec solutions. The Hands-on lab supplements your learning by allowing you to practice in a live environment.
Hands-On Training Course:
The Symantec Security Analytics 7.2.x Administrator Training course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This Symantec course is instructor-led by a Symantec Master Accredited Engineer.