Symantec Altiris Asset Management Suite 7.1: Administration Training
The Symantec Altiris Asset Management Suite 7.1: Administration training course is a 5-day instructor-led virtual classroom which includes both lecture and hands-on experience. This Symantec training course teaches students about installing, configuring, administering, and using Asset Management Suite (AMS) to manage corporate assets in an ITIL-focused environment.
Training Course Objectives:
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Install Symantec Altiris Asset Management Suite (AMS).
- Populate the CMDB by using migration tools, network discovery, and imported data from a variety of sources.
- Set up role-based security for the Symantec Asset Management Suite (AMS) environment.
- Build out your asset management organizational structure.
- Make bulk changes to CMDB data; and add new resource types, resource association types, and data classes to the Symantec Asset Management Suite (AMS) environment.
- Use the asset management portals to manage assets, contracts, software licensing compliance, procurement processes, and barcoding features.
- Configure and use IT Analytics to build custom asset management reports.
- Install and run the asset management workflows.
Who can benefit from this training course?
This training course is designed for asset management administrators and any other asset management personnel who are involved in installing, configuring, managing, and administering Symantec Asset Management Suite (AMS).
Training Course Prerequisites:
Students should have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems, and network concepts, including LANs, network adapter cards, and drivers.
Training Course Delivery Method:
Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom
Hands-On Training Course:
The Symantec Altiris Asset Management Suite 7.1: Administration training course includes practical exercises and labs using your own network by means of virtual computers enabling you to learn and fine tune the skills required to be successful in your working environment.
Training Course Duration:
Training Course Start Time:
10:00 AM EST
Training Course Trainer:
This training course is instructor-led by a Symantec Master Accredited Engineer.