Deploying OpenStack Cloud - Fundamentals Training
The course is targeted towards individuals who are responsible for configuration and administration of an OpenStack Cloud. This course covers the key components and procedures needed to configure, and administer an OpenStack Cloud using CLI and the GUI. This course will deal with most if not all subjects referred to in the Certified OpenStack Administrator test.
This course will provide hands-on lab exercises utilizing via cloud-based (virtual) servers. Students will perform hands-on lab exercises that were created to teach the necessary skills to configure and administer an OpenStack Cloud.
To participate in the hands-on labs in this class, you need to bring a laptop computer with the following:
- Windows 7 or 8.1 or 10 is recommended. Mac OSX 10.6 or greater is supported as well.
- Intel Celeron or better processors are preferred.
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 10 or greater or Mozilla Firefox. (Safari and Mozilla Firefox for Mac OSX)
- All students are required to have administrator rights to their PCs and cannot be logged in to a domain using any Group Policies that will limit their machine's capabilities.
- If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Cisco Any Connect Client.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, it is highly recommended to take this class at a location that has bandwidth speeds at a minimum of 1 Mbps bandwidth speeds.
Note: The courseware and lab guide for this course are being provided in an encrypted digital format. To be able to view your digital kit, you will need to bring a suitable device to view the content. You can install your digital course material onto a Windows PC, Mac (OSX 10.6 & up), Apple iPad (iPAD2 & up preferred) or Android tablet (v4.1 & up preferred). You will need to install an encrypted document viewer on your device to be able to view the course material.
Please be aware that this digital version is designed for online use, not for printing. You can print up to 10 pages only in each guide within a course. Please note that every time you click the Print button in the book, this counts as one page printed, whether or not you click OK in the Print dialog.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the basic business advantages of an OpenStack Cloud
- Describe the basic function of an OpenStack Cloud
- Describe the services in OpenStack (Keystone, Nova, Glance, Cinder, Neutron, Swift, Heat and Horizon)
- Describe additional services of OpenStack Cloud.
- Operate an OpenStack Cloud
- Create Virtual Machines using OpenStack
The knowledge, skills, and attitudes that a learner is expected to have before attending this course are as follows:
- Internetworking Fundamentals
- Basic Linux Skills
- Basic Server Virtualization Technology familiarity
- Basic Server Implementation knowledge
- Basic familiarity with the function of Rabbit MQ
- Basic familiarity with the function of SQL Database technology
Who Should Attend
The primary audiences for the course are as follows:
- Network and Server deployment engineers
- Network and Server deployment design engineers
- Program managers and project managers
- Certified OpenStack Administrator test candidates