Deploying Cisco Wireless Enterprise Networks Training
The goal is to provide network professional with information to prepare them to deploy wireless networks using Cisco controller and unified switching architectures policies and best practices, as well as ensure the proper implementation of mobility standards and proper configuration of all aspects of wireless components. WIDEPLOY provides students hands-on labs to reinforce concepts. Concepts taught include deploying Cisco AireOS 8.0, Cisco Prime Infrastructure Release 2.2, and Cisco Mobility Services Engine Release 8.0 features. WIDEPLOY is targeted toward wireless network engineers with 3-5 years of experience in the networking field.
To participate in the hands-on labs in this class, you need to bring a laptop computer with the following:
- Windows 7 or 8.1 or 10 is recommended. Mac OSX 10.6 or greater is supported as well.
- Intel Celeron or better processors are preferred.
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 10 or greater or Mozilla Firefox. (Safari and Mozilla Firefox for Mac OSX)
- All students are required to have administrator rights to their PCs and cannot be logged in to a domain using any Group Policies that will limit their machine's capabilities.
- If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Cisco Any Connect Client.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, it is highly recommended to take this class at a location that has bandwidth speeds at a minimum of 1 Mbps bandwidth speeds.
Note: Students registering for this course will be receiving their course kit in a digital format. To be able to view your digital kit you will need to bring a laptop PC and/or a compatible iPad or Android tablet. The recommended system requirements and instructions to access the course kit content can be found at the following link: Digital Course Kit Requirements and Instructions
Please be aware that this digital version is designed for online use, not for printing. You can print up to 10 pages only in each guide within a course. Please note that every time you click the Print button in the book, this counts as one page printed, whether or not you click OK in the Print dialog.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Deploy a Wi-Fi infrastructure
- Configure advanced capabilities in data designs
- Configure advanced capabilities in voice and real-time application designs
- Configure advanced capabilities in location designs
- Configure advanced capabilities in outdoor and high-density designs
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND)
It is also recommended that learners considered for this training have a basic knowledge of the following:
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Metageek Channelizer Software
- Voice Signaling Protocol
- Basic QoS
- Application Visibility and Control
- LAN switching
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals who are involved in the technical management of Cisco wireless platforms and solutions, which involves installing, configuring, operating and troubleshooting. In this course, the target audience will be refereed to generically as technicians.
This audience includes:
- Network engineers
- Network administrators
- Network managers system engineers