Cisco Unified Intelligence Center for Advanced Users Training
NOTE: If you are Taking the CUICAU you will automatically be enrolled in the CUICEU course
Cisco Unified Intelligence Center 8.0.4 is a comprehensive, end-to-end reporting solution, designed to simplify the task of creating and modifying reports. It also can manage disparate data sources and, at the same time, to present a consistent user interface and a common tool to access varied data across multiple Cisco product families.
To participate in the hands-on labs in this class, you need to bring a laptop computer with the following:
- We recommend using at least a Pentium 4 or better and 1 GB of RAM or more.
- Intel Celeron or better processors are preferred.
- We recommend running Windows XP Professional SP3 or greater (Vista & Windows 7/8).
Mac & Linux machines are also supported.
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 10 or greater or Mozilla Firefox. (Safari and Mozilla Firefox for Mac OSX)
- All students are required to have administrator rights to their PCs and cannot be logged in to a domain using any Group Policies that will limit their machine's capabilities.
- If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Cisco Any Connect Client.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, it is highly recommended to take this class at a location that has bandwidth speeds at a minimum of 1 Mbps bandwidth speeds.
Note: The courseware and lab guide for this course are being provided in an encrypted digital format. To be able to view your digital kit, you will need to bring a suitable device to view the content. You can install your digital course material onto a Windows PC, Mac (OSX 10.6 & up), Apple iPad (iPAD2 & up preferred) or Android tablet (v4.1 & up preferred). You will need to install an encrypted document viewer on your device to be able to view the course material. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
- Describe reporting concepts and capabilities and features of Cisco Unified Intelligence Center reports
- Provide a detailed description and labs of how to modify reports from normal data sources (Cisco Unified CCE and Cisco Unified CVP) by customizing reports using various methods. (i.e. creating thresholds, show/hide columns, charts and more)
- Provide a detailed description and labs of how to create custom reports from normal data sources (Cisco Unified CCE and Cisco Unified CVP) as well as new data sources.
- Demonstrate how to install, administer, and provide security for the Cisco Unified Intelligence Center solution
The knowledge and skills that a learner should have before attending this course are as follows:
- A working knowledge of Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise is desirable.
- A working knowledge of contact center operations is desirable.
Who Should Attend
The primary audiences for the course are as follows:
- Cisco technical customers (IT, telephony members, etc.)
- Cisco technology partners
- Cisco employees